Your carpet plays an essential role in enhancing the beauty of your home. But with a dirty carpet, you will almost wish your home is without one. Dirty carpets can make your home look terrible and so unattractive. No one wants their home to be described with such words.
Cleaning off stubborn stains from your carpet could be easy if you know the right technique to use. In this blog, we’ll share 5 expert techniques to help erase stubborn stains from your carpet.
Let’s dive in!
What You Need to Know About Carpet Stains.
It doesn’t matter how you care for your carpets, stains on your carpet are inevitable. There are various reasons that can cause carpet stains. You should know the types of carpet stains and factors that affect stain removal.
5 most common carpet stains
- Wine Stains
- Coffee Stains
- Blood Stains
- Ink Stains
- Pet Stains
Factors affecting stain removal
- Temperature: some stains require high temperatures to remove them and some would be permanent if exposed to high temperatures.
- Aqueous chemicals have pH: Some stains need an alkaline-based cleaner and others, just a detergent and water are enough.
Preparing for Stain Removal
Before you begin to clean your carpet. You may need to get all your cleaning solutions and tools ready. Also, pretest your cleaning solutions.
5 Expert Cleaning Techniques for Stubborn Carpet Stains
Cleaning off stains from your carpet would be difficult if you don’t know the right techniques and tools to use.
1. Tackling red wine stains
You have small birthday parties and dinners, and sometimes get-togethers in your home. And a red wine spill can be unavoidable. The best way to tackle stains is to handle it immediately when you notice it.
If you are busy when your carpet gets stained and can’t clean it immediately, sprinkle salt on a paper towel and use it to blot out the stain. And if you notice the stain the next morning, then saturate it with hot water and use a carpet stain remover like baking soda. Mix the soda with water (use a ratio of 3:1) and apply on the spot, allow it to dry, then vacuum it.
2. Removing pet urine stains and odors
It’s nice having pets around. But it comes with its own downside. Your loving pet can suddenly cause you stress. A slight urine on your carpet can have colossal effects and serious embarrassment. You must clean it immediately to prevent your home from smelling like an animal home. Here are a few steps to help you get rid of pet urine stains and odor.
- Use a clean cloth or a paper towel to absorb the wetness from your carpet until it becomes dry. Don’t forget to switch the towel to ensure a hygienic cleaning process. This will help reduce the smell.
- Prepare a solution with baking soda, vinegar, and water. Mix them equally and use a spray bottle to apply on the area affected. Wait for 10 – 15 minutes, then clean your carpet and it would be free from pet stains and odor.
- If the stain proves to be more stubborn. Not to worry, you can combat this with a solution of baking soda, white vinegar, and drops of dish soap. Spray in the affected area and leave for 30 minutes. The mixture would break down the particles, causing the odor. Then clean your carpet with a clean rag or towel till it’s dry. You should repeat this process until you can find any trace of pet urine or odor.
3. Eradicating coffee or tea stains
Whether you prefer a steaming cup of hot tea to a frosty glass of iced tea or just a hot coffee. Spills would be big trouble for your carpet. Teas and coffee are loaded with tannins. These tannins are natural astringent compounds that can stain your carpet. Spills could leave dark or brown marks on your carpet, making it look dirty. Luckily for you, here are a few steps to help you get rid of stains and coffee stains on your carpet.
How to Tackle Coffee Stains From Your Carpet
- Use a clean cloth to blot the tea stain. Continue to blot until the area dries. Don’t rub the affected area to prevent the stain from spreading. Rather, press down the cloth on the spot to absorb the liquid.
- Spray a little water on the affected to dilute the stain. Rinse to Dilute the Stain. Then continue blotting with a clean cloth to dilute the remaining tea stain. Continue to blot still, your carpet feels almost dried.
- Apply a stain remover. But before you do that, always test the stain remover on a different surface, either furniture or fabric. So the stain remover would not bleach your carpet or strip off its color.
4. Dealing with ink stains
Removing ink stains could be challenging. But not to worry, we got you covered. So how do you get rid of ink stains? Use a detergent. Or you could use a specialist carpet cleaning product to remove stains on your carpet. Make sure to confirm the product you are using won’t fade the color of your product.
Removing ink stains with detergent
When dealing with water-based ink stains, laundry detergent can be your friend. First, fill a bowl with warm water. Then add a teaspoon of detergent, then mix. Dab the stained area with the mixture until the stain loosens up. Then, air dry and vacuum your carpet.
Removing ink stains with a specialist carpet cleaning product
Always check the instructions on the specialist cleaning product. You can use them to clean permanent ink stains. If you choose to use ammonia. Add a tablespoon of ammonia to a spray bottle filled with warm water. Spray from and blot with a demo cloth. Don’t scrub, but lightly dab the stain. So you force the stain deeper into the pile of your carpet.
5. Conquering food stains
To get rid of food stains, first, remove the food from your carrot surface as soon as you notice it. Remove what you can with your hand and vacuum to remove leftovers. If food particles become stuck, then use the edge of your credit card to scrape it loose. Do this with care, so you don’t damage the carpet fiber.
Then wet the stained area with water to loosen the stain and blot it with a paper towel. If you still notice the stain, then prepare a solution with about ¼ teaspoon of baking soda and white vinegar in a cup of warm water. Pour it in a spray bottle. Add a drop of lemon oil for a pleasant aroma and shake. Spray the solution on the affected area and wait for 15 minutes. Then blot the spot till the stain is gone.
Get Rid of Stubborn Stains
Getting rid of stubborn stains from your carpet without ruining it can be challenging. You need cleaning tools and cleaning agents, which could be expensive. And if it’s not done well, you could cause lasting damage to your carpet.
You don’t need to worry about all that. Leave your carpet cleaning to the expert. Allow Carpet Cleaning Concord CA, a cleaning company in California, to clean your carpet now and maintain the quality. To get high-quality carpet cleaning at an affordable rate. Reach us now.