There are many different choices of floor covering for your home. But according to Floor Covering News, 60% of the market share goes to carpets & rugs. That means 6 out of every 10 homeowners always opt for carpet & rugs as their choice for floor covering.
It becomes very important for this 60% of homeowners to know how to care for their carpets and rugs and keep them serving their purpose for as long as possible.
Carpets require care, attention, and maintenance. In your failure to do so, they will do that for themselves in a way known best to them – crossing over to the other side, disrepair.
Other reasons you should care for them are as follows:
- You eventually have to step out of your home, and you come back with dirt and mud all over your shoes. There’s no reason why the dust, dirt, and mud won’t collect in the fibers of your carpet. Sweeping, brushing and vacuuming can only take you so far. But the real cleaning in which the dust collected in the fibers is eliminated is rarely done – washing
- On some rare occasions when we become a little careless wine, tea, fruit juice, dyes, paints, or other fluid get spilled over the carpet and leave very obvious sorry reminders about our little bout of carelessness. They also create a conducive condition for bacteria and other microscopic life forms to thrive. Here the services of carpet cleaners should be engaged to eliminate these stains. Their continued appearance on the carpets makes sore to the eyes
- We all want our carpets last for prolonged periods of time. This won’t happen if we continue to turn a blind eye to it. In order to prolong the life of your carpet, frequent vacuuming, and washing should be done
- Carpets are excellent for trapping pollutants. If left to settle for a long time will cause your offensive odors and ultimately lowering the quality of indoor air by some substantial degree. People can tolerate a lot of things but when it comes to offensive, tolerances grow dim. Carpet cleaning establishments such as Accents in Cleaning have top grade carpet washing equipment and materials that will leave your carpets smelling great for a short time
- Periodic washing of carpet will no doubt discourage build of allergens. This goes a long way in preventing health complications that may occur if they are left to stay.
- The awesome effect associated with allowing professional carpet cleaners to work on your carpet is that it improves the appearance of your home. Your carpet is restored to its former glory. Additionally, your home gets to look clean, feel clean and smell fresh.